These fishcakes make a fab starter.
- 2 medium Spring Onions, chopped roughly
- 1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Root Ginger
- 1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, green, de-seeded and chopped or 1 teaspoon chilli puree or grated fresh root ginger
- 250 g Cod, raw, or haddock fillets, skinless, cut into chunks
- 125 g Prawns, Peeled & Cooked, quick frozen, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Thai Fish Sauce, or light soy sauce
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoons Black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoons, level Coriander, Dried
- 1 medium Lemon(s), or lime, cut into wedges, to serve
Put the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli into a food processor and whizz for a few seconds until chopped finely.
Place the fish in the processor with the prawns, fish sauce or soy sauce, coriander and pepper.
Blend everything together until the mixture looks mashed and just begins to hold together. Do not over-process or you will end up with purée.
Add the cooking spray to a large non-stick frying-pan so it covers the pan. Take a small spoonful of the mixture and fry it for a minute or so on each side, then cool and taste it. If you think it needs it, mix in ½ teaspoon of salt.
Using hands dipped into cold water, shape the mixture into eight patties. Reheat the pan. When the pan is hot cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side until they feel firm and golden brown. Drain the patties on kitchen paper and serve garnished with the lemon or lime wedges.