Spicy fish & prawn cakes
2 medium, chopped roughly
1 clove(s), crushed
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, green, deseeded and chopped
250 g, skinless, cut into chunks
Prawns, Peeled & Cooked
Thai Fish Sauce
2 tablespoons, or light soy sauce
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 teaspoons, level
1 medium, or lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Put the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli into a food processor and whizz for a few seconds until chopped finely.
- Place the fish in the processor with the prawns, fish sauce or soy sauce, coriander and pepper.
- Blend everything together until the mixture looks mashed and just begins to hold together. Do not over-process or you will end up with purée.
- Add the cooking spray to a large nonstick frying-pan so it covers the pan. Take a small spoonful of the mixture and fry it for a minute or so on each side, then cool and taste it. Season to taste.
- Using hands dipped into cold water, shape the mixture into eight patties. Reheat the pan. When the pan is hot cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side until they feel firm and golden brown. Drain the patties on kitchen paper and serve garnished with the lemon or lime wedges.