Spiced squash & cauliflower fritters with red pepper salsa
400 g, cut into small pieces
4 sprig(s), leaves stripped
2 tablespoons, chopped
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Tesco Coriander Ground
1 medium, deseeded and finely chopped
2 large, finely chopped
2 medium, trimmed and finely sliced
1 tablespoons, chopped
1 zest(s) of 1
Lime Juice, Fresh
- Put the butternut squash and cauliflower into a large steamer set over a large pan of simmering water. Steam for 10-12 minutes, until the vegetables are tender, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Using a potato masher, mash the squash and cauliflower together until smooth. Add the thyme, parsley and coriander, then season and mix well. Shape the mixture into 12 patties and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, make the red pepper salsa. In a small bowl, combine all the salsa ingredients, then season to taste and set aside.
- Put a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and mist with cooking spray. Fry the fritters in batches, turning carefully and regularly, for 3-4 minutes until golden and starting to crisp.
- Serve 3 fritters per person with the rocket and red pepper salsa on the side.