400 g, waxy, cut into 3mm slices
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 medium, thinly sliced
1 medium, thinly sliced
Egg, whole, raw
9 medium, raw, beaten
Lemon Juice, Fresh
250 g, halved
½ individual, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- Put the potatoes in a pan and pour over boiling water until just covered. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 15 minutes or until just tender, then drain and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Mist a 23cm nonstick ovenproof frying pan with cooking spray and cook the onions for 6-8 minutes until soft, then add the pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Mist the pan again with cooking spray and add the potatoes to the onions and pepper. Season to taste, then pour in the eggs and cook over a medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until most of the egg has set – you should just be able to lift the bottom of the omelette up with a spatula. Transfer the pan to the grill and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the top of the omelette has set. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice together in a small jug until well combined, then toss with the rocket, tomatoes and cucumber in a serving bowl.
- Scatter the parsley over the omelette, then slice into wedges and serve with the salad.