Smoked haddock fishcakes
WW Sliced White Danish Bread
350 g, fillets
4 medium, finely chopped
1 teaspoons, level
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
Salad (zero SmartPoints values)
Colman's Tartare Sauce
- Toast the WW White Danish Bread and then blitz in a food processor to make fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Boil potatoes for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and mash.
- Meanwhile, poach smoked haddock fillets in gently simmering water, skin-side-up, for 3 minutes. Lift from the water and flake, discarding the skin.
- Add the haddock to the mash with ¼ of the breadcrumbs, spring onions, mustard powder and mayonnaise. Season and stir to mix.
- Shape into 8 round fish cakes, place on a plate, cover with clingfilm and chill for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the remaining breadcrumbs onto a plate.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp plain flour onto a separate plate and pour egg onto a third.
- Dip the fishcakes into the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs, coating both sides.
- Bake at Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C for 35-40 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
- Serve with salad and 1 tbsp tartare sauce each.