Simple fish pie
500 g, (2 x 250g)
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium, thinly sliced
Plain White Flour
3 tablespoons, level
Semi Skimmed Milk
Fish Pie Mix
Peas, fresh or frozen
200 g, frozen
Low Fat Spread
15 g, melted
200 g, tenderstem
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the whole potatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes until you can just prick them with a fork – they don’t need to be cooked through. Drain and allow to cool, then slice into 3-4mm rounds and set aside.
- Mist a pan with cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the flour, stir well and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat and gradually add the milk. Simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the fish pie mix and the peas. Season to taste, then pour into a 2-litre oval pie dish. Top with the sliced potatoes, brush with the melted spread and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Put the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes until the potatoes are golden and the fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes until tender. Drain and serve with the fish pie