Sesame swordfish with Japanese style salad
Brown Rice, dry
150 g, halved
6 medium, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
½ individual, roughly chopped
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons, black
4 portion(s), raw, steaks
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
½ tablespoons, level
Rice Wine Vinegar
Lime Juice, Fresh
1 medium, zest of
- Cook the rice to pack instructions, then let it cool. Meanwhile, blanch the beans for 2–3 minutes. Drain, run under cold water, then drain again.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, sugar, salt and lime zest and juice to make a dressing. Set aside.
- Add the cooked beans, spring onions, cucumber and chilli to the cooled rice. Toss with the dressing.
- Spread the sesame seeds on a plate and press both sides of each swordfish steak against them to coat. Heat a griddle pan to hot and spray with cooking spray. Sear the swordfish for 2 minutes on each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the wasabi until combined and serve with the swordfish and rice salad.