Savoury cheesecake with cranberries & sage
1 teaspoons, plus a little extra for brushing
2 teaspoons, use 8 leaves, finely chopped, plus a few extra
2 medium, thinly sliced
Low Fat Soft Cheese
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
Asda Wholefoods Dried Cranberries
Egg, whole, raw
3 large, raw
5 individual, roughly crushed, (around 50g)
- Line the base of a 20cm springform tin with baking parchment and brush the sides with a little oil. Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas mark 3.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Put half the chopped sage leaves into a small pan with the shallots. Cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring, until slightly softened.
- Tip into a mixing bowl with the ricotta, soft cheese, hard cheese and half the cranberries. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, with a wooden spoon, then season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon into the tin, put onto a baking sheet and bake for 45–50 minutes until just set with a slight wobble in the middle. Cool slightly in the tin for 5 minutes, then carefully remove from the tin and slide off the paper and onto a serving plate or cake stand. Turn the oven up to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.
- Chop the remaining cranberries and mix with the oatcakes and remaining chopped sage. Spread out onto a baking sheet and bake for 6–8 minutes until golden. Scatter over the cheesecake and garnish with the remaining sage leaves. Slice and serve warm with seasonal vegetables.