Rosemary roast lamb with veg
Lamb Leg, Lean, raw
967 g, (approx)
3 clove(s), peeled and sliced
2 sprig(s), or to taste, broken into small sprigs
1 large, red, sliced into wedges
Peppers, all types
2 medium, 1 red, 1 yellow, deseeded and cut into large chunks
2 medium, sliced into large chunks
175 g, baby or sliced carrots
350 g, baby new potatoes
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Lift the lamb into a very large roasting tin. Use a sharp knife to make small slits all over the surface, then push in the garlic slices. Roast for 1 hour.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and add the carrots and potatoes. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Add all the remaining vegetables to the roasting tin, apart from the asparagus, so that they surround the lamb. Add the rosemary sprigs and season with salt and pepper. Roast for a further 20 minutes
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and lift the lamb onto a carving dish. Cover with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Turn the vegetables over, add the asparagus and roast for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Carve the lamb and serve with the roast vegetables.