Roasted cauliflower & chorizo risotto
130 g, cut intobite size florests
Calorie controlled cooking spray
15 g, chopped into small cubes
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 large, finely chopped
1 clove(s), grated
Arborio rice, dry
White Wine Vinegar
1 sprig(s), fresh
1 tablespoons, grated, grated
- Preheat the oven to 220c/200c fan/gas mark 7. Place the cauliflower florets (and any cauliflower leaves) on a baking tray and add the cooking spray, followed by a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 mins, until tender and browned.
- Add the stock cube to 400ml boiling water. Stir and set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed saucepan, on medium high heat, and add the chorizo cubes. Fry until they begin to crisp up, 2 minutes. Transfer the cooked chorizo to a plate, and reduce the heat slightly to medium. Add the onion and cook in the chorizo oil for 5 minutes (add a couple of cooking spray if needed), until translucent, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice to the pan, give it a stir to coat in the oil, then add the vinegar, and let bubble until almost all the liquid has evaporated, 1 minute. Add one ladle of stock to the pan, stir often, let the liquid all be absorbed, then add another ladle. Repeat this process until the rice is tender, and you’ve used up most of the stock.
- Stir through the roasted cauliflower, parsley and parmesan. Taste and check for seasoning. Sprinkle the leftover parsley and chorizo on top.