Roast turkey pilaf
Brussels sprouts, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
1 teaspoon(s), 4 pods
1 teaspoon(s), level
Brown Rice, dry
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), made with 1 litre of hot water
Roast Turkey, Skinless
½ teaspoon(s), level
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan. Put the brussel sprouts in a roasting tray, spray with calorie controlled spray. Season well and roast in the oven for around 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Meanwhile mist a large pan with cooking spray and add the onion and celery. Cook, stirring regularly for 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the garlic and fry, stirring, for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the spices and season. Cook, stirring for 1 minute, then stir in the rice and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, removing the lid after 20 minutes.
- Add the turkey and Brussel sprouts and cook for a further couple of minutes, uncovered, until the rice is tender and the turkey is warmed through. Stir in the coriander and season to taste.
- Divide between 4 warm serving plates.