Raspberry & ginger cheesecake
This classic cheesecake is sweetened with stevia and topped with fresh berries.
Low Fat Spread
Medium fat soft cheese
Doves Farm Ginger Oat Biscuits
Fine Leaf Gelatine
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
½ zest(s) of 1, plus 2 tbsp juice
Tesco Stevia Sweet Granulated Sweetener
- Melt the spread in a small pan over a low heat. Use a little to grease an 18cm springform cake tin. Put the biscuits in a large food bag, seal, then crush into fine crumbs with a rolling pin. Combine with the remaining spread, then press firmly into the base of the prepared tin, using the back of a spoon to ensure it’s level. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes until softened. Drain, then squeeze out any excess water.
- Meanwhile, combine the Philadelphia and crème fraîche in a bowl. Stir in the lemon zest, juice and stevia, then set aside.
- Melt the softened gelatine, stirring, in a small pan over a low heat – this should take about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in a large spoonful of the soft-cheese mixture until combined. Pour the contents of the pan into the remaining Philadelphia mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon the filling onto the biscuit base and smooth the top. Chill for a minimum of 3 hours or until firm. Carefully release from the tin and decorate with the raspberries.