Raspberry and ginger cheesecake
- Total Time
This classic cheesecake from our Sweet cookbook is sweetened with stevia and topped with fresh berries.
Low Fat Spread75 g
The Village Bakery Melmerby Gluten-Free Organic Ginger Biscuits175 g
Fine Leaf Gelatine2 sheet(s)
Low Fat Soft Cheese250 g, at room temperature
Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself Creme Fraiche200 ml, reduced fat
Lemon(s)½ zest(s) of 1, plus 2 tbsp juice
Tesco Stevia Sweet Granulated Sweetener2 g
- Melt the spread in a small pan over a low heat. Use a little to grease an 18cm springform cake tin. Put the biscuits in a large food bag, seal, then crush into fine crumbs with a rolling pin. Combine with the remaining spread, then press firmly into the base of the prepared tin, using the back of a spoon to ensure it’s level. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes until softened. Drain, then squeeze out any excess water.
- Meanwhile, combine the soft cheese and crème fraîche in a bowl. Stir in the lemon zest, juice and stevia, then set aside.
- Melt the softened gelatine, stirring, in a small pan over a low heat – this should take about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in a large spoonful of the soft-cheese mixture until combined. Pour the contents of the pan into the remaining soft-cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon the filling onto the biscuit base and smooth the top. Chill for a minimum of 3 hours or until firm. Carefully release from the tin and decorate with the raspberries.