Quinoa-crusted salmon with roasted veg
500 g, peeled, deseeded and sliced
2 medium, deseeded and sliced
1 small, cut into thin wedges
Calorie controlled cooking spray
½ teaspoons, level
2 clove(s), crushed
Lemon Juice, Fresh
2 zest(s) of 1
4 fillet(s), medium
40 g, rinsed
1 teaspoons, level
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
75 g, young-leaf
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the squash, peppers and onion on a baking tray, mist with cooking spray and add the chilli. Roast for 35 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine the garlic with half the zest and juice in a dish. Add the salmon, turn to coat, then cover and marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- While the veg are roasting and the fish is marinating, combine the quinoa and 200ml water in a pan over a medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the rest of the zest then set aside to cool. Remove the fish from the fridge then press the cooled quinoa onto the top of each fillet.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the salmon, quinoa-side down, for 4 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Toast the cumin seeds in a dry frying pan for 2 minutes, then crush using a pestle and mortar. Combine the yogurt and remaining lemon juice then stir in the toasted cumin seeds.
- Toss the roasted veg with the spinach and serve with the fish and spiced yogurt.