Potato, leek and cheese pasties
- Total Time
Potato(es), Raw300 g, 2 x 150g
Low Fat Spread2 teaspoons, level
Leek3 medium, trimmed and sliced thinly
Mustard Powder¼ teaspoons, level
Coarse Grain Mustard1 teaspoons, level
Egg, whole, raw1 large, raw, lightly beaten
WW White Wraps4 individual
Half Fat Cheddar Cheese50 g, grated
Poppy Seeds2 teaspoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork, then wrap each one in kitchen paper. Microwave the potatoes on high for 8-10 minutes, until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the low-fat spread in a frying pan set over a medium heat. Add the leeks and a splash of water and cook for 5 minutes or until very soft.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add the mustard powder, wholegrain mustard and 1 tbsp of the beaten egg. Mash until smooth, then season and stir in the softened leeks.
- Put the wraps on a work surface and spoon one-quarter of the potato mixture onto one half of each wrap, leaving a 1-2cm border, then scatter over the cheese. Brush the borders with some of the beaten egg, then fold in half to enclose the filling. Using the back of a fork, press down to seal the edges.
- Carefully slide the pasties onto a baking sheet and brush the tops with the remaining egg. Scatter over the poppy seeds and season with freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pasties are crisp and golden.