Plum Amaretto pudding
450 g, (1lb) fresh, quartered and pitted
4 tablespoon(s), Amaretto, Marsala or sweet sherry
Plain White Flour
110 g, (4oz) plain
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
300 ml, (1/2 pint)
1 teaspoon(s), level
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 teaspoon(s), level
- Put the plums and liqueur, Marsala or sherry into a bowl. Cover and leave to soak for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make the batter by beating together the flour, salt, egg, milk, vanilla and caster sugar with a whisk. Cover and leave to stand alongside the plums.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°F / Gas Mark 6. Spray a 1.5 litre (2 ¾ pint) shallow ovenproof dish with low fat cooking spray.
- Drain the plums, reserving the liquid. Tip them into the prepared dish, then pour the batter over them. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until set and golden.
- Serve the pudding, drizzled with the reserved liquid and sprinkled with icing sugar.For a change, use pitted fresh cherries instead of plums.