Pistachio & herb crumbed chicken with quick roasted veg
New potatoes, raw
400 g, halved
2 medium, cut into thin wedges
1 medium, deseeded and sliced
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
30 g, finely chopped
2 tablespoons, chopped, plus extra to serve
2 tablespoons, chopped
NatureCrops Organic Quinoa Flakes
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
500 g, 2 x 250g fillets
Heinz Sweet Tomato Relish
4 serving(s), to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas mark 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the potatoes and 2 tbsp water in a microwave-safe dish. Cook on high for 4 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- Transfer the potatoes to the prepared tray along with the courgettes and pepper. Mist with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, put the flour on a plate; whisk together the egg and milk in a shallow bowl; and combine the chopped pistachios, herbs and quinoa on another plate. Season well. Using a rolling pin, pound the chicken between 2 sheets of clingfilm until 1cm thick.
- Coat the chicken in the flour, then dip in the egg and coat in the quinoa mixture. Refrigerate the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes on each side until crisp and golden. Cut each fillet into 6 equal pieces.
- Divide the chicken and vegetables between plates and serve topped with relish and the extra nuts and parsley.