Pea, spring onion & rocket risotto
Petits Pois, boiled
500 g, frozen
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), make up to 1.2 litres with hot water
Calorie controlled cooking spray
10 medium, sliced (1cm in length)
Arborio rice, dry
⅛ teaspoons, freshly ground
1 portion(s), washed, 3 good handfuls
1 tablespoons, chopped
1 tablespoons, grated, freshly grated, to garnish (optional)
- Dissolve 1 vegetable stock cube in 1.2 litres water. Bring half the stock to the boil with half the peas and simmer for 5 minutes. In a food processor, blend well.
- Add the remaining stock to this purée to give a pouring consistency.
- Heat half the cooking spray in a heavy-based pan. Crush the garlic and add it to the pan. Add the spring onion and stir. Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes to coat it with spray. Add enough pea stock to cover the rice. Cook gently, stirring all the time. Add more stock as it is absorbed into the rice.
- After approximately 10 minutes, add the remaining peas, some more stock and salt and pepper. Cook for a further 5 minutes stirring well. Throw in the rocket and stir until the leaves have wilted.
- Add the remaining spray then add the parsley. Adjust the seasoning and serve piled into bowls. Add a sprinkling of Parmesan if desired.