Parmesan-crusted chicken breast
Plain White Flour
1 tablespoons, level
Egg, whole, raw
1 large, raw, beaten
Asda Panko Breadcrumbs
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
400 g, tenderstem
Sainsbury's Mashed Potato
1 medium, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Place a large pan of water on a high heat and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, place the flour onto a large plate and then beat the egg in a medium bowl. On another large plate, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan with a little salt and a generous grinding of black pepper.
- Flatten out the chicken breasts so they are approx 0.5cm thick. Dust each chicken breast in the plain flour, dip into the beaten egg then coat in the cheesy breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, nonstick, ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and fry for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden; you might have to do this in batches. Transfer the chicken to a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Add the broccoli to the pan of boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender, then drain. Meanwhile, cook the mashed potato according to the pack instructions.
- To serve, divide the mash and broccoli between 4 plates and place a crumbed chicken breast on each. Season and serve with a wedge of lemon.