Parmesan chicken with griddled lettuce
Who said lettuce was just for salads? For an entirely new flavour dimension, grab a griddle pan
80 g, torn into chunks
50 g, grated
2 sprig(s), leaves picked
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 individual, Romaine, cut in half lengthways
Lemon Juice, Fresh
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the bread, cheese, 2 garlic cloves, the rosemary and half of the oil in a food processor, and blitz until you have a chunky crumb mixture.
- Put the chicken on the prepared baking tray and mist with cooking spray. Scatter over the breadcrumb mixture, then bake for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the crumb golden brown.
- Meanwhile, set a griddle pan over a high heat. Brush the cut sides of the lettuce with the remaining oil and griddle, cut-side down, for 5-6 minutes until just starting to wilt. Turn and griddle for another minute then remove from the pan. Cut the remaining garlic clove in half. Rub the lettuce with the cut side of the garlic and squeeze over the lemon juice.
- Serve the chicken with the griddled lettuce and lemon wedge on the side.