Olive & artichoke tart
Plain White Flour
½ tablespoons, level, for dusting
Ready rolled light shortcrust pastry sheets
Egg, whole, raw
4 large, raw
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
Artichoke hearts, cooked
Olives, in Brine
100 g, halved and pitted
6 portion(s), to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Lightly dust a work surface with the flour, unroll the pastry, then use a rolling pin to further roll it out to a circle that’s 25cm in diameter and 3mm thick.
- Line a 20cm fluted loose-bottomed tart tin with the pastry, then trim and discard the excess. Prick the pastry all over with a fork, then transfer to the fridge and chill for 20 minutes.
- Line the chilled pastry case with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Blind bake for 15 minutes, then remove the beans and bake for a further 5-10 minutes, until just golden.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs, crème fraîche, 4 tablespoons of the cheese and all of the herbs into a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Season to taste. Scatter the artichoke hearts and olives over the base of the baked pastry case, then pour over the egg mixture. Scatter over the remaining cheese, then bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the filling is set and golden.
- Set aside to cool slightly, then scatter over the extra parsley and dill. Cut the tart into wedges and serve with the salad leaves.