Nikki's Turkey fajita bowl
Turkey breast, skinless, grilled
400 g, cut into thin strips
Peppers, All Types
2 medium, deseeded and thinly sliced
2 medium, 1 sliced into thin wedges, 1 diced
Lime Juice, Fresh
50 ml, 2 limes
Black Beans in Water
100 g, roughly chopped
1 tablespoons, leaves picked and finely chopped, plus extra to serve
White basmati rice, dry
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium, cut into wedges, to serve
- Put the turkey, peppers and onion wedges in a large bowl and sprinkle over the fajita seasoning. Add half the lime juice, season well, then stir to combine. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a salsa. Combine the diced onion, black beans, cherry tomatoes, half the coriander and the remaining lime juice in a small bowl. Season, then cover and set aside.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil, add the rice and cook to pack instructions. Drain well, then stir through the remaining coriander.
- Mist a large nonstick pan with cooking spray and set over a medium-high heat. Stir-fry the turkey, peppers and onion mixture for 6-8 minutes, until the turkey is cooked through and the vegetables have softened.
- Divide the rice between bowls then top with the fajita-spiced turkey mixture. Spoon over the salsa, scatter over the extra coriander and serve with the lime wedges on the side.