2 medium, trimmed and cut into 1cm thick rounds
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
Tesco British Lamb Mince 10% Fat
2 tablespoons, level
¾ teaspoons, level
1 can(s), large, chopped
2 teaspoons, level
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
30 g, grated
Light Feta Cheese
30 g, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5 and line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper. Spread the aubergine slices out on the baking sheets, then cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside, leaving the oven on.
- Meanwhile, mist a large pan with cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 6-8 minutes, until soft. Add the lamb mince and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until brown all over. Drain off any excess fat from the pan.
- Add the tomato purée and cinnamon to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and the oregano, along with 200ml water, and season to taste. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the yogurt, egg, half of the Parmesan and half of the feta cheese together in a bowl until combined. Spread half the lamb mixture in a 2-litre baking dish. Arrange half the aubergine slices in a single layer on top. Top with another layer of lamb followed by the remaining aubergine. Spoon over the yogurt mixture and scatter with the remaining Parmesan and feta cheese. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden, then serve with the rocket.
- The moussaka can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.