Lime fish cakes with corn salsa & slaw
550 g, roughly chopped
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, deseeded and finely chopped
Sambal Oelek Chilli Paste
Lime Juice, Fresh
Egg white(s), raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Corn on the cob, raw
1 medium, roughly chopped
3 medium, trimmed and chopped
5 g, leaves
Vinegar, All Types
2 teaspoons, malt vinegar
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
1 clove(s), crushed
300 g, red and green, shredded
- Put the cod, chilli, sambal oelek, lime juice and egg white in the bowl of a food processor. Season, then blitz to a smooth paste. Shape the mixture into 8 evenly sized balls then flatten into 7cm rounds.
- Mist a griddle pan with cooking spray. Cook the corn over a high heat for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender.
- Meanwhile, mist a medium nonstick pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Fry the fish cakes for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Cut the griddled corn from the cob and mix with the avocado, spring onions, coriander and vinegar in a serving bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic and cabbage with 1 tbsp water. Divide the fish cakes between 4 plates and serve with the salsa and slaw.