Lime Cheesecake Pie
40 g, (1 1/2 oz)
8 biscuit(s), crushed
Sugar Free Jelly Crystals
1½ packet(s), lime
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw, separated
2 medium, grated zest and juice (4 tbsp each)
Reduced Fat Natural Cottage Cheese
350 g, (12 oz), sieved
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- Melt the margarine over a low heat, add the biscuit crumbs and stir to coat evenly. Sprinkle them into a 23 cm (9-inch), shallow open pie plate and press down, to form an even layer. Chill while you prepare the filling.
- Using scissors, cut the jelly into cubes and gently heat, with 3 tablespoons of water, until dissolved. Do not boil.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and milk. Whisk in the jelly and return to the pan. Heat, stirring, for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime zest and juice. Cool, until just beginning to set.
- Beat in the sieved cottage cheese and mix in the yogurt.
- In a clean, grease-free bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Add the sugar and whisk again. Whisk a tablespoon of the egg-white mixture into the cottage cheese mixture (this will slacken it). Fold in the remaining stiff egg whites.
- Pour into the crumb case. Chill for 1-2 hours, or until set. Decorate with a twist of fresh lime and fresh sprigs of mint.