Lemon & lime parfait
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Medium fat soft cheese
Quark, fat free, plain
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
1 teaspoons, level
6 teaspoons, powdered
1 medium, (juice from 1 lime and finely grated rind)
1 medium, (juice from 1 lemon and finely grated rind)
3 sprig(s), leaves, to decorate along with the lemon and lime rind
- Spray a 450g loaf tin with low fat cooking spray. Line with cling film, allowing plenty to overhang the tin.
- Beat together the soft cheese, Quark, yogurt and vanilla extract. Add the sweetener, lime and lemon rind and juice. Mix thoroughly. Taste, adding more sweetener, if needed.
- Place a layer of sponge fingers in the loaf tin, trimming them to fit. Spoon in about half the cheese mixture, levelling the surface. Place another layer of sponge fingers on top, then spoon on the remaining cheese mixture. Level the surface.
- Cover the loaf tin with the clingfilm, then transfer to the freezer. Freeze for several hours, or overnight, until frozen.
- To serve, remove the loaf tin from the freezer about 1 hour before needed. Carefully remove from the tin after 20 minutes – the cling film will make it easier. Remove the cling film, then leave for about 40 minutes. Cut the parfait into slices with a sharp knife. Decorate with mint leaves and lemon or lime rind, then serve.