6 medium, trimmed and halved widthways
2 small, finely chopped
8 medium, chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
2 tablespoons, chopped
1 tablespoons, level, chopped
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
- Gently push out the inner core from the leeks, leaving 2 layers of leek to resemble cannelloni tubes. Finely chop the cores and set aside.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the leek tubes and cook for 5 minutes, until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the chopped leeks and onions over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry over a high heat for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Set aside to cool, then stir in the parsley, thyme and ricotta. Season.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Gently spoon the mushroom and leek mixture into the leek tubes and place, side by side, in a small ovenproof dish.
- Scatter over the breadcrumbs and grated parmesan and bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden.