Kung pao chicken
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
650 g, cut into chunks
Rice Wine Vinegar
Knorr 3 Peppercorn Flavour Pot
2 g, ½ teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 clove(s), sliced
1 inch slice(s), peeled and grated
1 teaspoon(s), level
½ teaspoon(s), level
6 medium, sliced
3 medium, peeled
1 tablespoon(s), roughly chopped
- Put the chicken in a shallow dish. Mix together 2 tbsp of the soy sauce and 1 tbsp of the rice wine vinegar, and pour over the chicken. Cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Toast the Szechuan peppercorns in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes, then transfer to a pestle and mortar and crush.
- Mist a large wok or frying pan with cooking spray and fry the chicken over a medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining soy sauce, 1 tbsp of the rice wine vinegar, the hoisin sauce, cornflour, chilli flakes and Szechuan pepper, then pour into the wok. Cook for 1 minute then add the spring onion.
- In a bowl, toss together the carrot and courgette. Whisk together the remaining rice wine vinegar and the sesame oil and drizzle over the veg. Add half of the coriander and toss to combine.
- Garnish the chicken and salad with the remaining coriander and serve.