Katsu fish with rice & shredded salad
Plain White Flour
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, lightly beaten
75 g, panko
4 fillet(s), medium
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 large, diced
2 medium, diced
2 clove(s), crushed
4 teaspoons, mild
Sweetened Coconut Drink
4 medium, trimmed and shredded
½ individual, medium, halved, deseeded and shredded
125 g, very finely sliced
1 medium, deseeded and very finely sliced
Lime Juice, Fresh
Vegetable stock cube(s)
Brown basmati rice, dry
- To make the curry sauce, mist a deep, nonstick pan with cooking spray and cook the onions and carrots over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until soft and starting to turn golden. Add a splash of water if the vegetables start to stick.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, then add the curry powder and turmeric and stir to combine. Pour in the coconut milk drink and 150ml water. Bring to a simmer, then cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until the carrots are soft. Blitz to a sauce using a hand-held stick blender or food processor. Season to taste and set aside.
- While the sauce is cooking, preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the flour on a plate and season well. Put the egg and breadcrumbs on separate plates. Dust each fish fillet in the flour, then dip in the egg and coat in the crumbs. Arrange the fish on the prepared baking tray then mist with cooking spray. Bake for 18 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden.
- To make the shredded salad, toss together all the salad ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Spoon the curry sauce onto plates, then top with the crumbed fish fillets. Serve with the rice and salad on the side.