Jerk-style sweet potato curry with cauli rice
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium, finely chopped
1 inch slice(s), peeled and roughly chopped
3 clove(s), roughly chopped
Chilli, Green or Red
2 individual, Scotch Bonnet, halved and deseeded
3 teaspoons, finely chopped
12 sprig(s), leaves and stalks separated
4 medium, trimmed and roughly chopped
Sweet potato(es), raw
600 g, peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces
Kidney Beans, cooked
1 can(s), large, drained
2 medium, deseeded and roughly chopped
Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, Canned (7.7% Fat)
Vegetable stock cube(s)
½ cube(s), made up with 300ml hot water
1 medium, wedges
- Mist a large saucepan with cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 8-10 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile, put the ginger, garlic, chillies, rosemary, coriander stalks, spring onions and ground allspice in a mini food processor and blitz until you have a rough paste. Add to the onions and cook for 3 minutes, then add the sweet potato, kidney beans, red peppers, coconut milk and vegetable stock. Season to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 20 minutes, or until the sweet potato is just cooked. Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- To make cauliflower rice, blitz the cauliflower in a food processor, then cook in a pan misted with cooking spray for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the coriander leaves through the curry, then serve with lime wedges and cauliflower rice.