Jerk chicken with rice & beans
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
600 g, 4 x 150g
Lime Juice, Fresh
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Vegetable stock cube(s)
Brown Rice, dry
200 g, basmati
Chilli, Green or Red
2 individual, mild
Kidney Beans, cooked
1 can(s), large, drained, drained and rinsed
1 medium, zest and juice
- Slash the chicken breasts with a sharp knife and place them in a non-metallic dish. Pour the jerk marinade evenly over the chicken. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- In a pan, crumble the stock cube into 500ml boiling water and stir in the rice. The water level should be about a fingertip above the rice. Add the chillies. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Mist a baking tray with cooking spray and arrange the chicken breasts on it. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the kidney beans, thyme and lime zest to the rice and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain, remove the chillies and thyme, and return the rice to the pan. Stir in the lime juice.
- Divide the rice and beans between 4 plates and serve with the chicken.