Individual Christmas puddings
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Freshly squeezed orange juice
Dark Soft Brown Sugar
8 individual, chopped
3 individual, chopped
Calorie Controlled Brown Bread
1 teaspoons, level
¼ teaspoons, level
1 zest(s) of 1
Egg, whole, raw
1 large, raw, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4 and mist a 6-hole muffin tin with cooking spray. Bring a kettle of water to a boil.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, sugar, dates, and figs. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minute or until the fruit is softened and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Blitz the bread in a food processor until fine breadcrumbs form. In a bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, flour, mixed spice and baking soda.
- Stir the brandy and orange zest into the fruit mixture in the saucepan. Gradually stir in the egg, then stir in the breadcrumb mixture. Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared muffin-holes. Cover the tray tightly with foil and place inside a sheet pan. Place the pans on the oven rack; carefully pour hot or boiling water into the sheet pan until it’s about halfway full. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and take off the foil; run a small, thin knife or spatula around each pudding. Invert the puddings onto plates to serve.