Herb & feta muffins
White Self Raising Flour
½ teaspoons, level
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
Semi Skimmed Milk
165 ml, 120ml, plus 2 tbsp if needed
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw
Light Feta Cheese
80 g, crumbled
3 tablespoons, chopped
1 teaspoons, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Arrange the cake moulds on a baking tray.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the salt and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Put the yogurt, oil and milk into a jug. Add the eggs and beat with a fork to combine.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and whisk together until almost combined – don’t over-mix. The mixture should drop off the spoon easily – if it seems too thick, add the extra milk to loosen it.
- Gently stir in three-quarters of the feta, all of the herbs and some freshly ground black pepper. Divide the mixture evenly between the moulds then scatter over the remaining feta. Bake for 22-25 minutes until the muffins are risen and golden.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before gently removing from the moulds to serve.