Griddled tofu with colourful noodles
250 g, firm, cut into 4 slabs
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Lime Juice, Fresh
60 ml, (4 tbsp)
2 clove(s), small
Chilli, green or red
75 g, oyster
1 medium, cut into thin strips
Amoy Straight to Wok Medium Noodles
300 g, egg noodles
2 tablespoon(s), leaves (handful)
½ medium, wedges (or lime wedges) to serve
- Lay the tofu in a wide, shallow dish and cover with boiling water. After 2 minutes, drain off the water and add the juice of half the lime, 1 garlic clove, crushed, half the chilli, chopped, and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, prepare the vegetables: tear the mushrooms; halve the mangetout lengthways; cut the carrot into strips the same size as the mangetout, and finely slice the spring onion, ginger and remaining chilli. Crush the remaining garlic clove.
- Heat a griddle pan and spray with low fat spray. Add the tofu pieces and cook for 6–8 minutes, turning 3–4 times.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok, spray with low fat spray and add the carrot and mushrooms. Stir fry for 1 minute then add the mangetout. Stir fry for 1 minute more then add the spring onion, chilli, ginger and garlic. Stir fry for 1 minute more then add the noodles, the remaining soy sauce and the juice of the remaining ½ lime.
- Stir the noodles and vegetables together for 2 minutes then divide between 2 shallow bowls. Top with the griddled tofu and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with lemon or lime wedges.