Goat's cheese & spring onion quiche
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 5 min
A flavoursome goat's cheese and spring onion quiche that's full of flavour and gluten free.
Plain White Flour
150 g, plus 1 tsp for dusting, ensure gluten free
Low Fat Spread
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 medium, sliced
Medium Fat Soft Goat's Cheese
Semi Skimmed Milk
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the low fat spread and cut through with a round ended knife. Rub the fat into the flour with your finger tips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Alternatively blend in a food processor. Add 1 beaten egg and some salt and bring together to make a soft dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll the pastry on a sheet of cling film, dusting the top with the tsp of flour as you go and line a 20cm loose bottomed tart tin. You might find it easier to roll out a slightly smaller circle and push the pastry up the edges ensuring it is the same thickness all round. Chill for another 20 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 190C fan. Line the pastry base with parchment and baking beans, sit the tin on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes.
- For the filling, heat a non-stick frying pan and mist with low fat spray. Add the spring onions and cook for 10 minutes until really soft. Beat the eggs and season with some salt and pepper. Slice the goats cheese.
- Remove the parchment from the pastry case, brush with a little of the beaten egg to cover any cracks and cook for another 5 minutes until turning brown round the edges and set in the middle. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 160C fan.
- Spoon the spring onions into the pastry case, beat the milk into the eggs and pour over the onions. Top with the sliced cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes until set. Serve in slices, hot or cold with a green salad.
With some of the ingredients used, please do make sure you check the product labels – sometimes a little stock cube, soy sauce or even ketchup can contain gluten.