Glazed chocolate doughnuts
Low Fat Spread
2 teaspoon(s), level, for greasing
Plain White Flour
5 tablespoon(s), level, (1 tablespoon used for glaze)
3 teaspoon(s), level
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw
1¼ teaspoon(s), level, (1/4 teaspoon used for glaze)
140 ml, (1 tablespoon used for glaze)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas mark 4. Grease two 6 whole doughnut trays.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, 4 tablespoon cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Once combined, add the eggs, milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, oil, and apple sauce until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag or ziplock freezer bag.
- Pipe in the prepared trays, bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix together the icing sugar and 1 tablespoon cocoa powder. Stir in the remaining vanilla extract and milk until smooth.
- Dip the doughnuts into the icing, allow to set. Enjoy!