Garlicky kale & bean stuffed potatoes
Cannellini Beans, cooked
1 can(s), large, drained
Vegetable stock cube(s)
½ cube(s), 80mls
Low Fat Spread
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and put on a baking tray. Bake for 1 hour, until tender, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the pepper, onion, thyme and garlic, stirring, for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are very soft. Add the kale and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until wilted, adding a splash of water if the mixture starts to dry out. Keep warm.
- Reserve 90g of the beans and put the rest into a food processor. Blitz until smooth, then transfer to a medium bowl.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the potato flesh, leaving a 1cm thick shell. Put the potato flesh in the bowl with the puréed beans, then mash with a fork until combined. Stir in the stock and low-fat spread, then season to taste. Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells and return to the baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Stir the reserved beans through the vegetable mixture. Season to taste, pile the mixture onto the potatoes, then serve.