Fine Leaf Gelatine
Frozen Mixed Berries
500 g, summer fruits
3 tablespoons, level, clear
Egg yolk, raw
⅔ tablespoons, powder
1 teaspoons, level
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- Put three sheets of the gelatine in a small bowl of cold water. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the fruit for decoration, then put the rest into a pan with the honey and a splash of water and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until the fruit is breaking apart. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the gelatine from the bowl and squeeze to drain off any excess water, then stir into the fruit mixture until dissolved.
- Arrange the trifle sponges over the bottom of a small trifle dish. Pour the fruit and gelatine mixture over the sponges and put in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining gelatine sheet in a small bowl of cold water. Put the egg yolk, caster sugar and custard powder in another small bowl and mix to a smooth paste.
- Put the milk and vanilla extract in a pan and set over a low-medium heat until just steaming, then pour a little of the warmed milk into the egg yolk mixture and whisk together. Pour the egg mixture back into the pan of milk and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring often, until it’s thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Set the custard aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Squeeze out any excess water from the last sheet of the gelatine and add to the custard, stirring until dissolved, then whisk in the crème fraîche. Pour the custard over the jelly and return to the fridge for 1 hour, or until set.
- Top the set custard with the yogurt, decorate with the reserved fruit and serve immediately.