Fennel grilled chicken with apple & potato salad
New potatoes, raw
800 g, halved, or quartered if large
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
2 medium, Braeburn, cored and cut into matchsticks
1 tablespoons, level, ground
Calorie controlled cooking spray
White Wine Vinegar
1 teaspoons, level
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool in a colander.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of baking paper and bash with a rolling pin to tenderise – you’ll need to do this in batches.
- Mix together the fennel seeds and some seasoning, then sprinkle over both sides of the chicken. Mist with cooking spray.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or frying pan over a high heat and fry the chicken breasts for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate, cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes, then cut into slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vinegar and mustard, and season to taste. Add the potatoes, apples and onion to the dressing and toss gently to coat. Divide between plates and serve with the chicken.