Eton mess roulade
SmartPoints® value per serving
A less messy, but just as delicious version of the popular dessert – this can be served in nice neat slices!
Egg white(s), raw
½ tablespoons, level
White Wine Vinegar
200 g, hulled and roughly chopped
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
½ teaspoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas mark 3. Line a 25cm x 35cm swiss roll tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, Use a hand-held electric whisk to whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks that hold their shape when the beaters are removed. Gradually beat in 225g caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you have a stiff, glossy meringue. Whisk in the cornflour and vinegar, then put the mixture in the prepared tin and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until set and lightly browned. Don’t worry if it looks very puffy – it will sink back down as it cools.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on a work surface and scatter over the extra tablespoon of caster sugar. Turn the meringue out of the tin onto the sugared paper and set aside to cool.
- Purée 50g of the strawberries in a mini food processor, or by pressing them through a sieve. Remove the baking paper from the meringue, then spread over the Greek yogurt. Scatter over the rest of the chopped strawberries and drizzle over some of the purée. Roll up from one of the long sides to enclose the filling, then put on a serving plate, seam side down. Dust with the icing sugar, then slice and serve drizzled with the rest of the purée.