Tuscan-style bean pasta
White pasta, dry
200 g, pappardelle
Calorie controlled cooking spray
200 g, halved
1 clove(s), crushed
150 g, young leaf
Lemon Juice, Fresh
½ zest(s) of 1
Cannellini Beans, cooked
200 g, drained and rinsed
White bread, sliced
25 g, stale (ensure vegan friendly)
1 tablespoons, leaves picked and freshly chopped
1 teaspoons, level, to serve
- Bring a pan of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook to pack instructions, until al dente. Drain, reserving 125ml of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, mist a large lidded frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium-low heat. Add the tomatoes and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the spinach and lemon juice to the pan, then cover and cook for 2 minutes, until the spinach has just wilted. Remove from the heat and stir in the beans. Cover and set aside.
- While the pasta and veg are cooking, blitz the bread in a mini food processor (or grate using the coarse side of a grater) to a crumb. Mist a nonstick pan with cooking spray and toast the breadcrumbs for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat, until crisp and golden. Season well, then stir through most of the lemon zest.
- Toss the pasta with the vegetable and bean mixture, adding the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Divide the pasta between bowls then garnish with the breadcrumbs, remaining lemon zest, parsley and chilli.