Duck breasts with plum & red wine sauce
For a special meal, why not choose duck? Just be sure to remove the skin, as it’s very fatty!
Duck Breast, Skinless, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
3 small, pitted and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon(s), or dark brown sugar
Fresh Chicken Stock
1 individual, or a pinch of ground allspice
1 g, freshly ground
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.
- Remove the skin from the duck breasts with a sharp knife.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray, then add the duck breasts and cook over a medium high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a roasting dish and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the shallot to the frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the wine and allow it to bubble up, then add the plums, sugar, star anise or allspice and chicken stock. Simmer for 10 minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Allow the duck breasts to rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve with the plum sauce. Serve with plenty of lightly cooked vegetables.