Dark chocolate tart with berries
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Egg, whole, raw
1 large, raw, beaten
Low Fat Spread
Japanese-Style Silken Tofu
½ teaspoons, level
French Almond Extract
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and coat an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, egg, butter, ½ tsp salt, and sugar with a fork until completely incorporated. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Prick the bottom in several places with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes, until toasted and lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the tofu and chopped chocolate over a low heat. Stir continuously for 4-5 minutes to break up the tofu and melt the chocolate. Transfer the mixture to a blender. Add the vanilla, almond extract, instant coffee and a pinch of salt, and blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer the filling to the cooled crust and use a spatula to smooth the top. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, until the filling is set.
- Run a thin knife around the edges of the tart to release it from the sides. Remove the outer ring of the pan. Slice tart into 12 pieces. Garnish with berries, if using, and serve immediately.