Crumbed fish burger with coconut mayonnaise
Plain White Flour
1½ tablespoons, level
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
½ clove(s), crushed
55 g, crumbs
¼ teaspoons, level
4 fillet(s), medium
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
Granary bread roll(s)
4 medium, split in half and toasted
½ extra large, sliced
2 large, sliced
90 g, peeled into ribbons
115 g, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Put the flour on a large plate. In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp of the yogurt with the garlic and season well. In a separate bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, coriander and cumin.
- Coat a fish fillet in flour and shake off any excess. Using your fingers or the back of a spoon, lightly spread ¼ of the yogurt mixture over both sides of the fish, then sprinkle with the cornflake mixture until evenly coated. Put on the prepared tray and repeat with the remaining fish. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until crisp and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the mayonnaise. Toast the coconut in a small dry frying pan over a medium heat, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, combine the toasted coconut and the mayonnaise with the remaining yogurt in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Fill each of the rolls with a few slices of cucumber and tomato, a fish fillet, a spoonful of the coconut mayonnaise, a few carrot ribbons, and some red cabbage.