Croquettes with aioli
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
70 g, wholegrain
Calorie controlled cooking spray
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes until tender. Drain then return to the pan over a low heat for 1 minute to remove excess moisture. Mash well and transfer to a large bowl. Leave to cool slightly.
- Add the ham, spring onions and Parmesan to the mash, season, and stir to combine. Using your hands, mould the potato mixture into 16 croquettes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Put the flour on a plate. Beat the egg in a small bowl and put the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Roll one of the croquettes in the flour, gently shaking off any excess, then dip it into the egg and roll in the breadcrumbs. Put on the prepared tray then repeat with the remaining croquettes. Lightly mist them with cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden, turning once.
- To make the aïoli, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and garlic in a small bowl and season to taste. Serve the croquettes with the aïoli and lemon wedges.