Creamy spinach-stuffed chicken with courgette
Medium fat soft cheese
20 g, finely grated
1 teaspoons, level
1 clove(s), crushed
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
800 g, 4 x 200g
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Fill the kettle with water and boil. Line a large shallow roasting tin with baking paper. Put the spinach in a colander set in the sink and slowly pour over the boiled water. Stir until wilted. Leave to cool, then squeeze out any excess water and roughly chop.
- Put the soft cheese, Parmesan, mustard and garlic into a bowl with plenty of black pepper and a pinch of salt. Add the chopped spinach and mix well.
- Cut a slit into the side of each of the 4 chicken breast fillets to make a pocket, then fill each pocket with a quarter of the soft cheese mixture.
- Peel the courgettes lengthways into wide ribbons, stopping when you reach the seedy middle (see Cook’s tips, below). Wrap 10-12 ribbons around each chicken breast, ensuring they overlap and tucking them underneath. Transfer to the prepared tray. Mist with cooking spray and season to taste.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then arrange the tomatoes around the chicken fillets. Mist the tomatoes with cooking spray and season well. Bake for a further 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and pale golden. Serve with rocket leaves drizzled with balsamic vinegar.