Courgette, lemon & feta risotto
Risotto is a simple yet impressive dish to make. This one is packed with plenty of fresh warm-weather veggies and herbs, zesty lemon and salty feta.
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 medium, 3 diced, 1 grated
1 large, diced
2 clove(s), crushed
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 1.5 litres
Arborio rice, dry
2 medium, trimmed and finely sliced
Lemon Juice, Fresh
1 zest(s) of 1
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
20 g, grated
Light Feta Cheese
40 g, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Mist a large baking tray with cooking spray. Scatter the diced courgette over the baking tray, mist with more cooking spray, then season and roast for 20-25 minutes until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, mist a large, nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and fry the onion over a low heat for 10 minutes until soft, then add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- While the onion is cooking, bring the stock to a simmer in a medium pan, then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the rice to the frying pan, increase the heat to mediumhigh and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the stock, a ladleful at a time, only adding more after the rice has absorbed the liquid. After 15 minutes, add the grated courgette, then continue adding the stock until it is all used up, and the rice is creamy and tender.
- Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the roasted courgettes, spring onions, lemon zest and juice, grated cheese and shredded basil. Season to taste, then cover with a lid and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Divide the risotto between bowls and serve topped with the feta and watercress.
The risotto (minus the feta and watercress garnish) can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.