100 g, young leaf
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Egg, whole, raw
4 large, raw
4 tablespoon(s), level
1 teaspoon(s), level
1 tablespoon(s), roughly chopped
Calorie Controlled Brown Bread
1 medium, wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C fan, gas mark 4. Rinse the spinach and add to a pan, cover with a lid and cook over a low heat for 1 minute until wilted, stirring once or twice. Leave to cool slightly, then squeeze out any excess liquid and roughly chop.
- Mist 4 x 175ml ramekins with cooking spray, and divide the spinach between them. Crack an egg into each, then top each egg with 1 tablespoon cream alternative. Season well, then grate over a little nutmeg and scatter over some of the chopped dill.
- Put the ramekins into a small roasting tin and pour freshly boiled water from the kettle into the roasting tin until it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Cover the tin tightly with a sheet of kitchen foil and carefully transfer the tin to the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the egg whites are set, and the yolks are soft. Ovens vary, so check the eggs after 10 minutes, and if almost set, carefully remove from the water bath and set aside for 1 minute.
- To serve, toast the bread and top with the smoked salmon. Scatter the remaining dill over the coddled eggs and serve with the smoked salmon toast and lemon wedges on the side.