Coconut chicken salad with warm honey-mustard vinaigrette
1 tablespoon(s), level
4 teaspoon(s), level
White Wine Vinegar
Calorie controlled cooking spray
20 g, Panko
45 g, crushed
Egg white, raw
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
155 g, grated
1 individual, medium
- For the vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, oil, honey, vinegar and 2 tsp of water. Set aside.
- For the chicken: Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Spray a large nonstick baking sheet with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut, panko, cornflake crumbs and a pinch of salt. In a second medium bowl, beat the egg whites.
- Season the chicken with the remaining salt. Dip the chicken in the egg whites, then the coconut-crumb mixture. Put the chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray the top of the chicken with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- For the salad, take 4 plates and put a quarter of the salad leaves on each. Divide the carrots, tomato slices and cucumber slices among the plates. Slice the chicken at an angle and put on top of the salad. Heat the dressing in the microwave for a few seconds then drizzle a quarter of it over each of the salads.