Cinnamon ice 'cream' served with warm apples & filo cigarillos
SmartPoints® value per serving
Got a taste for something sweet that just won’t go away? Try this SmartPoints-friendly treat to turn to when the need for sweetness strikes
4 medium, unpeeled
2 teaspoons, level
Calorie controlled cooking spray
½ teaspoons, level
4 medium, Jazz, unpeeled
Light Brown Sugar
- For the ice cream, freeze the bananas in their skins for at least 6 hours – or preferably overnight.
- Take them out of the freezer and leave to stand for 10 minutes. The skin will now easily slice off with a sharp knife, so peel, then chop the flesh into chunky slices.
- Pop into a food processor and pulse a few times until a smooth ‘ice cream’ forms. Stir in the cinnamon, then scoop into 4 individual portions, place on a plate and refreeze until ready to serve. Defrost slightly if it’s too hard.
- To make the cigarillos (you can do this in advance), preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Using a sharp knife, cut the filo into 8 rough squares. Starting at one corner, roll each square up tightly to form a cigarillo.
- Mist with cooking spray and sprinkle with the icing sugar. Bake for 10 minutes until crisp and golden. These are best served warm, so if you made them in advance, gently reheat.
- Meanwhile, for the apples: quarter and core them, then cut into wedges. Heat gently in a pan with the sugar (no water) until soft but with a bite – 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the apples topped with the ‘ice cream’ and cigarillos.