Chocolate raspberry roulade
Make this lovely roulade to finish off a special meal in style.
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Plain White Flour
5 tablespoon(s), level
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
¼ teaspoon(s), level, (a few drops)
2 teaspoon(s), level, to decorate
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F. Mist an 18cm x 28cm (7 inch x 11 inch) Swiss roll tin with low fat cooking spray and line with greaseproof paper.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand-held electric mixer to whisk the eggs and sugar together until very light and pale in colour - this will take about 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into the whisked mixture. Fold them in gently using a large metal spoon. Pour into the prepared tin and spread out to the corners.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, until firm yet springy to the touch. Turn the cake out onto a large sheet of greaseproof paper, then carefully peel away the lining paper. Cover with a clean damp tea towel and leave until cold.
- Reserve a few raspberries for decoration, then stir the remainder into the yogurt with the vanilla extract. Trim the edges of the sponge, spread with the raspberry filling and roll up from one long end. Lift onto a serving plate, sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate with mint leaves and raspberries.