Chocolate oaty digestives
SmartPoints® value per serving
A great snack with a crisp crunch, these oat-packed biscuits can be coated with white, dark or milk chocolate – whichever you prefer.
Low Fat Spread
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
½ teaspoons, level
1 teaspoons, level
50 g, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the spread and sugar using a hand-held electric whisk or wooden spoon. Beat in the egg, a little at a time, until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ginger, flour, oats and baking powder. Make a well in the centre and add the spread and egg mixture, then gently stir together – taking care not to overmix.
- Spoon 12 walnut-size balls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between them to spread out, then flatten slightly with the back of the spoon. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the biscuits have cooled, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of boiling water, or in the microwave. Dip one half of each biscuit in the melted chocolate, then return to the wire rack to set.
For a slightly chewier cookie-like result, switch to demerara or light brown soft sugar instead of caster, for the same SmartPoints. The biscuits will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days.